In 2022, internet users will be able to access websites in less than one second. In order to keep up with this trend, you need to make sure your website is loading quickly.
According to a study by Google, 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if a page takes longer than three seconds to load. That’s why it’s important to focus on site speed optimization and make sure your website is running as quickly as possible. In this blog post, we will discuss 29 desktop and mobile site speed stats that you need to know in 2022!
Most Useful Site Speed Stats
Here are 29 website load time statistics that you need to know in order to keep your website running quickly in 2022:
Top Website Load Stats You Want To Know
- The average internet user expects a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- A one-second delay in page load speed can result in a seven percent loss in conversion rates.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- After just two seconds, 40% of people will abandon a web page if it hasn’t loaded.
- 84% of people believe that a site should load in less than five seconds.
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- 52% of online shoppers say that quick website load time is important to their overall shopping experience.
- How fast your pages load has become even more important since mobile devices took over as the most popular way to access the internet.
- According to Google, 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing, and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
- Mobile users are also three times more likely to abandon a purchase if a website speed is too slow.
- Mobile shoppers say that speed is even more important to them than it is to desktop shoppers.
- 75% of mobile users expect pages to load as quickly on their phone as they do on a desktop computer.
- 70% of mobile users say they’ve abandoned a purchase because of slow loading speeds.
- 19% of consumers say they would tell friends about a website that was too slow.
- 52% of online shoppers say quick page loading is important for their loyalty to a site.
Average Page Load Time
16. The average page load time for a website is between five and six seconds.
17. According to an analysis done of 5 million mobile and desktop pages, the average time it takes to fully load a web page is 27.3 seconds on mobile and 10.3 seconds on desktop.
18. Best Page Load Time: The best page load time for a website is two seconds or less.
19. Worst Page Load Time: The worst page load time for a website is more than 15 seconds.
20. Percentage of sites that are fast: Only 24% of websites have a fast page load time.
21. Percentage of sites that are slow: 76% of websites have a slow page load time.
Page Speed And SEO
22. It’s not just your website visitors that are affected by slow page speeds, your search engine ranking is as well.
23. In 2010, Google announced that site speed would be a factor in their ranking algorithm.
24. Since then, there have been numerous studies that have shown a correlation between slow page speed and lower search engine rankings.
25. Fifty-seven percent of online shoppers will not recommend a business with a slow website.
26. Seventy-two percent of consumers say that speed is important when making a purchase online.
27. Pages with average page load times of two seconds, have an average bounce rate of 9%.
28. Cutting website speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your conversion rate by 74%. (Source: techjury.net)
29. To achieve a stellar performance on your website, you will also need to have a decent web hosting provider.
Site speed is important for both your website visitors and your search engine ranking. If you want to keep your website running quickly in 2022, make sure to keep an eye on these stats. Thanks for reading!